Your parents or your parents in law may be important for your children, but they certainly do not want to harm them in any way.
To make sure that the growing environment for your children is healthy and happy, you should set the rules for the grandfather and grandmother!
So they should not….
1. Ignore the rules for Social Media. Do not let them upload pictures that your children do not want, do not let them continue a conversation on the walls of the children, do not involve the children with their friends and not add friends to the children profiles unless they first ask the children if they agree with this.
2. Suggest names for the baby. It is a personal matter of Mom and Dad
3. Buy large and expensive gifts if they do not first ask their parents. Tell them never to show, for example, a tablet, a mobile or a bicycle and much more a pet if they have not first consulted the parents.
4. Take everything for granted. It is not their right to go to their children’s home whenever they want to see their grandchildren.
5. Force grandchildren to believe in something they believe. Religion, group, heresy, clubs, prejudices. It is parents’s role to handle it with their childen.
6. Blame a family member. Forbid them to talk badly even for someone you do not like. Children have a pure soul, and grandparents have no right to “poison” them with bad feelings.
7. Ignore the diet rules that Mom and Dad have set. Whether it’s chocolate, fried, or any other delicacy, make it clear that the decision on what kids will eat is not theirs.
8. Compare the children. All the grandchildren are equal. And if they are not, it does not concern the children.
9. Ask kids for things that happen in the house. The children are not there to testify to the family’s plans or struggles.
10. Use racial characterisations. “These tasks are for girls / boys”, or other similar comments should be banned.
We know that half of them – at least – are not feasible. Try at least to say it. And come back again … and over and over again. By repeating something, you will have the result you want …