“The proper function of man is to live, not to just exist” – Jack London
You often live your life automatically and do the same things every day as you did the previous one. Until another year to pass without doing anything, without having really lived anything. Until you get in old age, to look back on your life and regret for your choices. Until you see your children go to university and you realize that you lost their childhood.
No, it should not be so! If you really want to live your life, to have experiences, to enjoy it to the maximum, instead of being a passer and live a life only to exist, you have to find ways your life to escape from routine.
What follows is a list of ideas, mostly obvious, that you may have to consider for yourself, but we hope to be helpful reminders. All people need it sometimes. If you find it useful you can print it and start to use it. Today!
1. Love. Perhaps the most important. Fall in love, if you have not already done so. If you are, you can fall in love with your partner from the beginning. Stop being cautious and let your heart free. Or love your family, your friends, anyone, it doesn’t need to be romantic love. Love all humanity, every individual.
2. Go out. Do not stay all the time at home. Go outside even when it rains. Make a walk on the beach. Make a walk in the woods. Swim in a frozen lake. Enjoy the sun. Make different sports or walk barefoot on the grass. Give special attention to nature.
3. Enjoy the food. Do not just eat your food, enjoy it. Feel the texture and the explosion of flavors. Enjoy every bite. If you reduce the amount of sweets, then the little treats that you will eat will be even more enjoyable (eg. berries or dark chocolate). And when you have it, taste it…in a slow way.
4. Create a ritual morning. Wake up early in the morning to welcome the day. See the sunrise. Scream aloud and tell yourself that you will not sacrifice this day, which is a gift of life. Be compassionate to your fellow human beings, to live every moment to the fullest. Make exercise or meditation each morning and then enjoy your coffee.
5. Take risks. We often live our lives very carefully, worrying that something will go wrong. Be daring, resign from your job and do your own business (but study first), or find that girl/boy that you like for a long time and ask her/him to go outside. What will you lose?
6. Follow your enthusiasm. Search to find things that excite you and follow them. Make your life an exciting adventure (with a few quiet moments sometimes).
7. Find your passion. Similar to the above advice, she asks you to find what you want to do. Live your life with things you like doing. First, ask yourself “what really do I like?”. There can be many things. Find how you can make your hobby a profession. It may be difficult but you live only once.
8. Get out of your “cage”. You sit all day in front of the computer, stirring papers, making calls and chat on the Internet? Do not waste your day so. Escape from this cage. Make your work out on a laptop, in a cafe, on a boat or in a log cabin. This may require changing a job or become self-employed. But worth it.
9. Turn off the TV. How many time will you waste in front of the TV? How many times you have to live yet? Make your calculations and then close the TV. Turn it on only when you have to watch a DVD of your favorite movie. Otherwise it would be better to remain closed and you should find other things to do. You do not know what to do? Read below.
10. Disconnect from the Internet. You read something on the Internet right now. And except this article, you waste your valuable time. You can not turn back time. Disconnect the Internet and get out of your office or home. Right now! Go and do something else.
11. Make travel. Sure, you want to travel someday. So, when then? When do you have free time for holidays, when you get old? So what are you waiting for? Find a way to make a trip, if not this month then sometime soon. You may need to sell your car or interrupt your cable connection or stop eating out to do it, but do it! You’re too young not to see the world. If necessary, find a way to work as a freelancer and then while working trip. One or two hours of work in day will be sufficient. Check your e-mail once a week and then use your free time to discover the world.
12. Rediscover what’s important to you. Make a list of all the things that are important to you. Also write the most important things you want to do in your life. Then distinguish 4-5 things, the most important in your life. This list is your core. These are having the greatest importance for you. Focus your life on these things.
13. Eliminate everything else. Whatever happens in your life that is not in this short list and waste your time, distract your attention from what is important, eliminate it. As far as possible, simplify your life by eliminating things that are not in your list or at least reduce them.
14. Exercise. Get up from the couch and go for a walk. Try to make jogging or do some push ups and some bends. Even you can swim or do bicycling or even hiking. Whatever you choose to be active and you will love it. And your life will be more intense and more pleasant.
15. Be optimistic. Learn to recognize the negative thoughts you have. These doubts you have about yourself, criticism of others, the complaints are the reasons why you can not do something. Put away these negative thoughts when you have them and replace them with positive thoughts. Find solutions. You can do it!
16. Open your heart. Your heart is a closed shell. Learn to “open” it, be ready to receive love and give love unconditionally. If you have any problem with it, it is advisable to discuss it with someone. Try it.
17. Treat your fears. What do you fear most? What holds you back? That is, recognized and faced it. What do you fear most? The height? Climb the tallest building and go to the edge and look down into the void. Only if you face your fears you will stop feel them.
18. There are times when you will suffer. Life is not only joy and play. Being hurt is inevitable part of life. You will lose your job, your lovers, your beloved pet. You will be injured or sick. A loved person may get sick. One of your parents may die. Learn to feel the pain intensely and truly mourn. This is a part of life that feel pain. When this is finished, move on and find joy.
19. Slow speed. Life moves at such a fast pace these days. It is not healthy and it is certainly not conducive to live this way. Try to do everything slower. By eating more slowly eating until you are walking more slowly, to drive, to work, to read. Enjoy what you do. Learn to move at a snail’s pace.
20. Touched your fellows. Get out of your house and met your neighbours, find which ones live in worse conditions. Meet them, talk with them, understand them. Live among them, be one with them. Quit your materialistic lifestyle.
21. Volunteering. Give help making soup kitchens to homeless citizens. Learn to have compassion and learn to soothe the pain of others. Help the sick, people with disabilities, those who are dying.
22. Play with the kids. Children know how to live better than anyone. Live everything at every moment, completely. And when they get hurt, they really cry. When they are playing they have fun with their soul. Learn from them, instead of thinking that you know more than them. Play with them and learn to be happy as those.
23. Talk to the elderly. There is no wiser, more experienced, more knowledgeable than those who have lived their lives. They can tell you amazing stories. They can give you advice in making a marriage last or how not bankrupt. To tell you about things you have regretted so you learn from them and do not make the same mistakes. It is the wisdom of our society. Favor a more than of their existence while they are still around you.
24. Learn new skills. You should constantly improve yourself instead of remaining stagnant. Not because you’re not so perfect but because it is fun and gives you satisfaction. You must accept yourself as it is to learn to love what you are, but still trying to get better. Just because the process of improvement is life itself.
25. Find your spirituality. For some, this means finding God or Jesus or Allah or Buddha. For others, it means to come into harmony with the spirits of your ancestors, or with nature. For some others, it simply means an inner energy. Whatever spirituality is and you should discover it as it is power for you.
26. Make small retirements. Do not let the joy of retirement when you’re too old to enjoy it. Do it now, while you are still young. It makes the hard work worth even more. Find ways to get a year off every few years. Make savings, sell your house, your possessions and traveled. Live simply, but live, without having to work. Enjoy life and then turned back to slavery and save money again to do it again in a few years.
27. Do not do anything. Despite the above advice, that you have to find what excites you, there is a value in doing nothing well. We do not mean not to read, not to take a nap, not watch TV or do not do meditation. Doing nothing for a while, you learn to be silent, to listen to your inner voice, be in harmony with life. Make this a daily basis, if possible.
28. Stop playing video games. They can be fun, but can last for many hours. If you spend much time playing online games, solitaire on the computer, try to spend a week without them. Find something else to do, get out of the house.
29. Look at the sunset daily. It is one of the most beautiful images of the day. Make a daily basis and find a good spot to watch the sunset clearly. You also can have a light meal with you.
30. Stop reading magazines. It’s basically nonsense. And wasting your time and your money. Cancel your subscriptions and overtake them in the new kiosks. If you want to read something you could read a novel, or better yet, read an excerpt from a book once a day and you will be okay.
31. Break the routine. Do you think you do the same things every day? Change it. Try something new. Take a different route on the way to work. Start your day differently. Approach your job from a new angle. Look at the things around you with new eyes.
32. Stop watching the news. It is sad and useless. If you watch the news every day, it may be difficult for you to quit.
33. Laugh. Laughter is one of the best ways to live. Tell jokes and laugh with your soul. See a fantastic comedy. Learn to laugh at anything. Get down in laughter. You will love it.
34. Lose control. Not only the control on yourself but also the control over others. It’s bad habit of trying to check the others. This will lead to stress and unhappiness for you and for those trying to control. Let others live and live for yourself.
35. Cry. Men especially tend to hold their tears, but crying is incredible relief. Cry at a sad movie. Cry at a funeral. Cry when you get hurt or when someone you love hurt. Releasing these emotions allows us to cleanse ourselves.
36. Create a fantastic dessert. I like making warm, soft chocolate cake. But even berries dipped in chocolate or crepes with ice cream and fruit, and a fresh apple pie homemade chocolate cookies or brownies are perfect. This is not something you can do every day, but occasionally. But when you do it’s great.
37. Try something new every week. Ask yourself: “What new can I do this week? “Then take care to do it. No need to learn a foreign language in a week, but sight out new experiences. Try!
38. Live the moment. Instead of thinking about things to do, things that happened to you, to worry, to design or regret, think what you’re doing now. What is around you? What smells, what sounds, what images and what feelings do you experience? Learn to do this as much as possible through meditation but also by focusing on the present and the things you do today.
Tags: communication, psychology, personality, live, character, life, lifestyle, secret, magazine publishing
COMMUNICATION see also….
In fact, there are ten ways to understand the life you live and your behaviour and decisively to move….read more
In our interactions with others, at home, at work, or in any other place, our dynamic behaviour….read more
The idea that certain types of nose are associated with certain personality traits are not new….read more
Although someone may have excellent performance at school or university, according to scientists, this….read more
Why smart people do not gain happiness when they are surrounded by close relatives and….read more